Octopus Deploy - Configure Octopus Tentacle for Database Migrations
We want to deploy our database migrations as a separate process step on the Octopus Deploy server. To do this we will to:
- Install an Octopus Tentacle locally using the deploy servers thumbprint.
- Configure this tentacle as a Octopus Deploy target.
- Add a process step for deployment to run migrations.
Create an Octopus Target
- On the Octopus Deploy server, download the latest tentacle code
Add a Listening Tentacle "Deployment Target" to the environment you need to run migrations on. The thumbprint will be provided to you here.
- Install Octopus Tentacle, use default settings.
- When asked for thumprint, provide one from deploy server.
- When asked for host set it to 127.0.0.1
- Set port to 10933
- Finish install
- You will be provided a thumbprint from the tentacle server, you will provided this to the deploy server during target configuration.
Finish Adding Deployment Target
- Environment: Integration-Azure
- Role: DB Migrations
- Thumbprint: [[ThumbPrintFromTentacle]]
- Host: 127.0.0.1
- Port: 10933
blog comments powered by Disqus